Needless to say, a gorgeous smile leaves a long lasting impression on people’s mind. However, at times, improper alignment of teeth makes your smile unattractive which affects your facial appearance. A proper orthodontic treatment can improve your dental appearance. There are certain reliable clinics that provide orthodontics Lethbridge services that help in eliminating occlusion that could affect the functioning of teeth.
The imperfect positioning of teeth and jaws is generally referred as malocclusion. Malocclusion not only affects your smile, but also leads to chewing problems. Some of the major causes of malocclusion are hereditary factors, endocrine imbalance, metabolic disturbances, thumb and finger sucking, tongue thrusting, dietary problems or trauma and accidents.
There are proficient Lethbridge orthodontist around the globe who diagnoses misaligned jaws and teeth. There are various fixed and removable appliances which used by the orthodontists that help in the diagnosis of malocclusion.
Some of the fixed appliances are:
• Braces: Braces are generally bands, brackets or wire. Bands are set around the teeth in a rigid manner and thus are used as anchors where as brackets are tied at the front of teeth. Fixing the arch wires tightly increases tension on the teeth and thus they are gradually aligned to their correct position.
• Special Fixed appliances: These are used to restrain tongue thrusting and thumb or finger sucking.
• Fixed Space maintainers: These are used in case when a child’s tooth is lost prematurely. This is used to keep the space empty until a permanent tooth erupts.
Some of the removable appliances are:
• Aligners: Nowadays, number of orthodontists uses aligners as they are virtually invisible and can be removed while brushing, flossing and eating.
• Lip and cheek bumpers: These bumpers are used to release pressure exerted by the lips and cheeks on teeth which leads to improper positioning of the teeth.
• Palatal expander: It is generally a plastic plate that is fixed at the top of the mouth. Arch of the upper jaw is widened using this expander. Gibb Orthodontics is one of the remarkable orthodontic clinics owned by Dr. Allan J. Gibb. He is one of the excellent orthodontists who provide the best treatment for malocclusion. He gives proper attention to his patients and helps in aligning their teeth and jaws with the help of appropriate bracings and other appliances.
About Gibb Orthodontics:
Gibb Orthodontics is one of the leading orthodontic clinics in Lethbridge, Canada. Their team of skilled orthodontist Lethbridge provides effective treatment for malocclusion in the best possible manner. For more information, please visit Gibborthodontics.com
Author: samperryThis author has published 61 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.